My husband is my best friend and my world, says Sunny Leone

Labels: , , ,

If there’s one word that finds its way in her vocab often, it’s ‘amazing’! But then again, it really is a word that sums up the international adult film star Sunny Leone’s journey to being accepted as a Bollywood heroine, as well as her reaction and those of the naysayers. Refreshingly candid, Sunny who returns to India today, gives us a glimpse of what makes her tick. The excerpts:

How has life changed after the success of Jism 2?
It has been really amazing. I didn’t think that the movie was going to do as well as it did. I never thought in a million years I would be a heroine in a movie. In less than a year’s time, all my dreams of being an actor are coming true.

When you were offered Bigg Boss, did you see it as your ticket to Bollywood?
My motivation was the offer itself; things like this might only be offered once-in-a-lifetime. I believe when opportunities come your way, you have the choice to take the risk or stay comfortable in your life. But it’s always the risks in life that bring you the success you want. I had nothing to lose at that moment, and I was really scared too. But the love I received from the people of India was absolutely amazing.

Have you made any friends in the film industry yet?
I’m in touch with Pooja Bedi and Juhi Parmaar, who I met on Bigg Boss. I have only made friends with people that I haved worked with or am currently working with. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to meet celebrities in Bollywood and make friends. I believe that will happen in due time.

You participated in a lot of cultural events on your last visit to India, including Gokulashtami. What was the experience like?
Gokulashtami was so amazing. I have never seen so many people in one celebration. I swear every event that I go to gets better and better. I would like to experience everything that I can in India, but one event that I have always wanted to be a part of is Holi. For everyone who lives in India this is something that comes every year, but for me it’s a once- in-a-lifetime opportunity to see what the whole world wants to be a part of.

You are often seen accompanied by your husband (Daniel Weber) at events. Is it deliberate?
My husband is my best friend and my world. There is no better person in the world I would want to have by my side wherever I go. We share these moments together and enjoy them. If I have to go to an event without him, it’s never the same.

Sherlyn Chopra, the first Indian to feature on Playboy, said that you ‘have not set a new benchmark for adulterated erotica’ just because of your background...
Well, she didn’t say it to me so I am not sure about that comment, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It’s great that she is in Playboy and I can’t wait to see the layout. I am sure that she looks very pretty; Playboy makes sure that every girl looks beautiful.

If offered would you take Playboy on their offer?
I have been offered to be shot for the magazine many times in the past, but because I am (rival adult magazine) Penthouse Pet of the Year, it doesn’t work out.

Now that you’re on the roll in Bollywood, are you planning to shift base to India?
Yes, I will be looking for a place to live. I have been travelling back and forth to India that it’s becoming too much to carry six bags and not have a place to live. It’ll be exciting to house-hunt during this trip to India.

Must Watch